In 300 years, if you were to be named the patron saint of X, what would you like X to be? Places, activities, objects — all are fair game.
I will enrich you, bring wealth to your spirit if not to your purse. In 300 years time the world will be a very busy place indeed. More than ever humanity will need me, the patron saint of Noticing. There will be more distraction, the pace of life will be faster. These are the things we will need to notice.
- Each other. Stop taking each other for granted.
- The less well off. Some people do not ‘see’ those more unfortunate than themselves.
- Light. We see so much in monochrome. Remember colours.
- Nature. Whatever is left, notice the wildflowers.
- Time. Notice that it is passing.
You wont need to pray to me, or thank me for anything, just keep your eyes open. You will not need a medallion, or a dashboard ornament. Always try and see what is in front of you. Always try to see what’s in the corner of your eye.